Hey ladies! I’m Tiff, a scientist turned work-from-home mom. I am here to help other moms like you find great work-from-home opportunities, and make the most of their mom life.
When I was pregnant with my first son, I resolved to stay home and raise him, but also continue pulling my own financial weight. That was going to be a bit tricky.
While I was still working my full-time lab job, I started some side hustles, which became my full-time job once I went on maternity leave. The last 3 years have been amazing, being able to work from home with my two little boys.
Since they both have sensory processing disorder (SPD), my boys require a lot of extra attention and accommodations. Working from home has been such a great opportunity, and I want to help other moms do the same!
In our changing society, women are now expected to work full time instead of staying home to raise the children. I believe the mother’s place is with her children, but I am also a worker at heart. Working from home allows me to fulfill both roles.
Whether you are a work-from-home mom, a stay-at-home mom, or a corporate mom, you can find something here to help you on your mom journey.
I decided to create this blog to help other moms who want to work from home. Here are some info topics that you can find here:
Working from home
Sensory Processing Disorder
Get to Know Me Better…
I’m just an average woman who never stops moving forward. I have goals and dreams, and I never want to look at any part of my life and say “Sure, I’m fine with staying right here.” Instead, I want to keep the mindset that things can always be strengthened and bettered with some effort.
No, that doesn’t mean that I am unhappy with my life…quite the contrary. I can always be a better mom, a better entrepreneur, a better Christian, and a better person in general.
I have 2 amazing little boys, now 20 months and almost 3 years old. I began a home-based business when I was pregnant with my first son, while still working my corporate job, and was able to replace my salary by the time he was born. I said goodbye to the corporate world just prior to his arrival, and have been a work-from-home mom ever since!
Do you wish you could quit your corporate job and work from home too? I would love to help you find a great work at home opportunity so you can live the dream too!
What Caused Me to Start a Blog?
I have always been a go-getter. I skipped the 8th grade and finished high school when I was 16. After that, I went through college and worked 3 jobs (a full-time and 2 part-time jobs at the same time) to pay my way. It took me 8 years to get my 4 year degree, but I had no debt upon graduation, and I was fully vested in a corporate company.
I have spent most of my career days at a lab bench (or my accompanying office). I have worked in medical, quality control, technical service, and cardiac arrhythmia laboratories, and left a lasting impression on each with my expertise and process improvements. But I always wanted more…I wanted to be the boss – my own boss.
A somewhat helpful opportunity arose when I was pregnant with my first son. I wanted to be able to stay home with him, but still be a business woman. So I began seeking out work-from-home positions. I landed a job with a popular search engine as an independent contractor. In a sense, I became my own boss, although not completely. So I kept searching until I found the perfect fit: becoming a lifestyle blogger and empowering other women to do the same.
I want to help you reach your goals, become a better mom, grow spiritually, and begin a home-based business. Sometimes all it takes is a little encouragement or guidance. I’m here to offer you as much of those things as possible! I am all about equipping and empowering women.
Just for Fun
Here are 20 fun and random facts about me:
- I have a degree in molecular genetics.
- I am a coffee connoisseur.
- I am definitely a night owl…as far as possible from being a morning person.
- I taught myself how to play guitar when I was 12.
- My favorite books are Psalms and Proverbs…worship and wisdom, baby!
- I love taking photos.
- I am one of the most impatient people you will ever meet…and I’m working on that!
- I have moved over 30 times.
- I never got past the 80’s…music just went downhill after that.
- I am OCD…and ADD…ugh.
- I have been to Greece, Mexico, Guatemala, Canada, Switzerland, France, Germany, the Netherlands, Austria, and Italy.
- I have a major weakness for ice cream.
- I am an amazing chef…but I can’t bake to save my life.
- I could absolutely live without a TV…and actually would prefer it.
- I like lists.
- I prefer an actual book in my hand to any type of electronic substitute.
- I’m a bargain shopper. Call me cheap…I call it smart shopping!
- I don’t have one favorite color. Blues and greens and melons are all all equal in my book.
- I love journals and pens.
- I prefer dark chocolate…especially when it’s mixed with some type of coffee.
Now that you know me a little better, I hope you will stick around and share your journey with me. There is so much for us to learn from each other. Let’s get started! Click on Subscribe below to receive my free eBook Before You Start a Blog: The Ultimate Guide. I look forward to hearing from you!